The Cisco Catalyst 9000-switches are market-leading solutions in the Enterprise Networking industry. They combine new powerful hardware with intelligent and automated software. First we take a look at the switch itself.
5 series? – Yes!
Each series has as unique set of functions built for its place in the network. Catalyst 9200 (L), 9300 and 9400 are gigabit, multi-gigabit or ten-gigabit switches built to connect devices and things on each floor in a building where your Catalyst 9500 will make sure all floor switches are connected.
- 9200L – Get all the advantaged of Gigabit Catalyst 9000 switches at an entry-level price point.
- 9200 – Get all the advantaged of Gigabit/Multi-gigabit Catalyst 9000 switches and add a modular up-link choice with increased stacking bandwidth.
- 9300 – Get all the advantaged of Gigabit/Multi-gigabit Catalyst 9000 switches and add a modular up-link choice with increased stacking bandwidth, added security, wireless controller and application hosting.
- 9400 – Get all the advantaged of Gigabit/Multi-gigabit – Copper/Fiber Catalyst 9000 switches in 1 chassis of 4, 7, and 10 ports.
- 9500 – Where do all the fiber connections of the switches above go to? This family member aggregates all your access switches with port speeds of 10Gb, 25Gb, 40Gb or 100Gb
A selector is present in our Catalyst 9000 guide. Can be found in the download form.
STEP 2 – The Switch IOS-XE:
Network Essentials | Network Advantage
The next step is to select an IOS-XE image for the switch. 2 options are available, Network Essentials & Network Advantage.
- Network Essentials is your image with basic layer 3 features
- Network Advantage is your image with full layer 3 features and extras, e.g. HSRP, Trustsec, Virtual StackWise*/hosting*). *Some models.
A technical list can be found in out Catalyst 9000 Guide.
STEP 3 – The Management Software:
Cisco DNA Essentials | Advantage | Premier
Selected your mandatory software element!
Option 1: You have a switch with Network Essentials IOS-XE?
- Add Cisco DNA Essentials to the switch for a minimum of 3 years and get the basic Cisco DNA Center features on your Cisco DNA Center server.
Option 2: You have a switch with Network Advantage IOS-XE?
- Either add Cisco DNA Advantage for a minimum of 3 years and get all Cisco DNA Center features on your Cisco DNA Center server
- Or add Cisco DNA Premier to the switch for a minimum of 3 years and get
all Cisco DNA Center features on your Cisco DNA Center server with
ISE licenses to run BYOD & SD-ACCESS and
Stealthwatch licenses to support ETA